Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My Apple Classic is full up and I cannot load anymore items.

Customer Question

My Apple Classic is full up and I cannot load anymore items. How can I remove earlier items in order to update my collection? Remember I am a complete tyro with all things computer. Regards ***** *****
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To do this you do it via your computer.
Connect your iPod to your computer and open iTunes.
Then with iTunes open, select iPod in the iTunes sidebar, under DEVICES. Click the toggle (small triangle) to the left of the iPod, to drop down the iPod's content list indented under the iPod. Click on Music there.
The list of songs on the iPod is shown to the right. Select the song you want to remove on that list, and press Delete on keyboard. You can do this for one song, a selection of songs, or the entire list (Select All).
NOTE: If the iTunes sidebar is hidden, from the menu bar, under View, select Show Sidebar.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tried your instructions but with no success, this is normal for me.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me exactly where you got stuck in the instructions please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Couldn't find the toggle to the left of the iPod. by the way its not music but audio books
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, can I connect to your computer please?
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Anothershambles, god knows what I've cocked up this time?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, on which step did you get stuck on my instructions?But maybe you can follow this film that shows you what I was explaining in my instructions?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivf01Ki9DXYEven though the film is for the iPod shuffle, the steps are exactly the same for the classic.