Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

There was a problem with my credit card, so i changed it. i

Customer Question

There was a problem with my credit card, so i changed it. i cannot enter my new number into my kindle
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To change this you must update the details via your computer on your Amazon account.
To do this, please do the below steps.
Visit the page for your account - click here to go to this page
- Log into using your Amazon account (the same Amazon account you have registered on your Kindle)
On the right side select "Settings"
Under 'Kindle Payment Settings' (first option)
Click 'Edit Payment Method'
Change your credit card details.
Restart your Kindle and it will update
It will then be updated
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi richard, i tryed your advice but amazon say there is a problem with my account. they say my email address and password ***** not work any more.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, can you reset your password ***** my link below and then try again please
https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/account/forgot-password/email.html
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please