Dr. Bell
Dr. Bell, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  12 Years of hands on / in class experience w/ certifications. Most qualified technician in the area.
27188579

On Windows 7, I had an Admin account, my account and my

Hi - On Windows 7, I had an Admin account, my account and my son's user account.
After I upgraded to Windows 10, the admin account ha vanished. My son's user account is not able to do anything and my account is asking for an admin password ***** but there was no password ***** the admin account.
I am not able to use the net user command to turn the admin account on, as I need an admin account to do it.
What am I supposed to do? My computer is totally useless now!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dr. Bell replied 1 year ago.
Good evening.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. Bell replied 1 year ago.
This seems like quite a predicament. Always fun when new OS's are released... I'm not sure how different 10 is...but in some instances, you can search for CMD and right-click it and "Open as Administrator." Have you tried this already? If so, is that where it is requesting the password?
Expert:  Dr. Bell replied 1 year ago.
If push comes to shove, it's likely that you could use a bootable CD to go into a Virtual Environment and change the account type or Administrator password ***** way. That is a much more complex method..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes - I tried the command prompt, safe mode and Regedit. Whenever I get to the point where I can turn on the Admin account, for example, using the Net User command - I get asked for the Administrator password. There must be some way to bypass this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As Windows 10 was the free online upgrade - I don't have any bootable CD or installation discs.
Expert:  Dr. Bell replied 1 year ago.
I'm interested in seeing this issue personally... would you be interested in allowing me remote access to view your screen as we work on this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Although I am not able to install anything!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry - Should have said "Yes - Although..."
Expert:  Dr. Bell replied 1 year ago.
I wonder if it would allow you to run a program vs install it. Visit www.teamviewer.com and click on download. When the installer opens, there is an option to RUN the program vs installing it.
Expert:  Dr. Bell replied 1 year ago.
http://www.teamviewer.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK - Got it
Expert:  Dr. Bell replied 1 year ago.
As soon as it opens up, if it does, there will be a Partner ID and Password ***** will need to send me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
221(###) ###-####
Expert:  Dr. Bell replied 1 year ago.
***Agreed to continue chat near midnight on 09/15 - when access to another system is available to create a boot medium***
Expert:  Dr. Bell replied 1 year ago.
Possible software to try for recovery at next appointed time: Ophcrack, Offline NT Password & Registry Editor, Trinity Rescue Kit (based on Offline NT PW/REG Editor).
Expert:  Dr. Bell replied 1 year ago.
Good evening. I am online now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - Sorry for the delay. I was locked out of this account too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tech support team on the website had to sort it! :-(
Expert:  Dr. Bell replied 1 year ago.
no problem
Expert:  Dr. Bell replied 1 year ago.
are we on the spare laptop now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK - I have the second machine and a memory stick. The other machine doesn't have a CDR
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just a sec
Expert:  Dr. Bell replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I was just reviewing the requirements for an Ophcrack USB boot drive. It requires a minimum of 1GB USB stick, do we meet this requirement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - On the second laptop now
Expert:  Dr. Bell replied 1 year ago.
Ok, good deal. I'm not sure if Ophcrack will work on windows 10, but we can give it a shot.
Expert:  Dr. Bell replied 1 year ago.
If you will, go to http://www.teamviewer.com and run the program from the laptop so that I can work with you on the same screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Just let me shift some files to clear this disk while it installs.
Expert:  Dr. Bell replied 1 year ago.
ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
256 501 9342340
Expert:  Dr. Bell replied 1 year ago.
attempting to connect
Expert:  Dr. Bell replied 1 year ago.
Said connection refused. Do you know if there is some type of firewall installed on that system?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mine says ready to connect
Expert:  Dr. Bell replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again! Good night.