Dr. Bell
Dr. Bell, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  12 Years of hands on / in class experience w/ certifications. Most qualified technician in the area.
27188579

On Windows 7, I had an Admin account, my account and my

Hi - On Windows 7, I had an Admin account, my account and my son's user account.
After I upgraded to Windows 10, the admin account ha vanished. My son's user account is not able to do anything and my account is asking for an admin password ***** but there was no password ***** the admin account.
I am not able to use the net user command to turn the admin account on, as I need an admin account to do it.
What am I supposed to do? My computer is totally useless now!
Good evening.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This seems like quite a predicament. Always fun when new OS's are released... I'm not sure how different 10 is...but in some instances, you can search for CMD and right-click it and "Open as Administrator." Have you tried this already? If so, is that where it is requesting the password?
If push comes to shove, it's likely that you could use a bootable CD to go into a Virtual Environment and change the account type or Administrator password ***** way. That is a much more complex method..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes - I tried the command prompt, safe mode and Regedit. Whenever I get to the point where I can turn on the Admin account, for example, using the Net User command - I get asked for the Administrator password. There must be some way to bypass this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As Windows 10 was the free online upgrade - I don't have any bootable CD or installation discs.
I'm interested in seeing this issue personally... would you be interested in allowing me remote access to view your screen as we work on this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Although I am not able to install anything!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry - Should have said "Yes - Although..."
I wonder if it would allow you to run a program vs install it. Visit www.teamviewer.com and click on download. When the installer opens, there is an option to RUN the program vs installing it.
http://www.teamviewer.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK - Got it
As soon as it opens up, if it does, there will be a Partner ID and Password ***** will need to send me
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
221(###) ###-####
***Agreed to continue chat near midnight on 09/15 - when access to another system is available to create a boot medium***
Possible software to try for recovery at next appointed time: Ophcrack, Offline NT Password & Registry Editor, Trinity Rescue Kit (based on Offline NT PW/REG Editor).
Good evening. I am online now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi - Sorry for the delay. I was locked out of this account too.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The tech support team on the website had to sort it! :-(
no problem
are we on the spare laptop now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK - I have the second machine and a memory stick. The other machine doesn't have a CDR
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just a sec
Ok, I was just reviewing the requirements for an Ophcrack USB boot drive. It requires a minimum of 1GB USB stick, do we meet this requirement?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi - On the second laptop now
Ok, good deal. I'm not sure if Ophcrack will work on windows 10, but we can give it a shot.
If you will, go to http://www.teamviewer.com and run the program from the laptop so that I can work with you on the same screen.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. Just let me shift some files to clear this disk while it installs.
ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
256 501 9342340
attempting to connect
Said connection refused. Do you know if there is some type of firewall installed on that system?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Mine says ready to connect
Thanks again! Good night.