Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

How can I restore kindle books I purchased on another device

How can I restore kindle books I purchased on another device that I no longer have? I can only remember one of the books.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
On the other device, did you use the same Amazon account as you are using on this Kindle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then they will available on this Kindle as well.
Go to your Library and all books that you have purchased will either be listed here or choose there Cloud and they will be listed on the cloud.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they are not there. The previous device was a tablet.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but was it a Kindle? Or a different device? As all books you ever purchased from Amazon will be listed via the last instructions I gave.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it was not a kindle but they were kindle books
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry what do you mean it was not a kindle but they were kindle books.You can only get kindle books on a kindle, else they would be on your account and you would see them on this KindleWhat was the device you had?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was an Avus tablet (not quite sure of the name ). they were definatley amazon E books maybe that is where I am going wrong
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The only reason they do not show on this Kindle then is you used a different Amazon account.
but we can confirm this
Go to Amazon.com, click "Your digital items" on the top right. Click "Your Kindle Orders" on the left column. (Log in if you haven't already). There's all your Kindle books you have ever purchased under this account.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks I will do this later.