Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

There, I have a Samsung CLP-360 colour laser jet printer

Hi There,
I have a Samsung CLP-360 colour laser jet printer which is showing a fault of "The printer's waste bin is full" I have fitted a genuine replacement waste bin, so this is now empty. But the fault still shows. Is there a way to reset this after the replacement has been fitted ?
Jason Shinn.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
There is no way to reset it, but if it is still saying it is full it is a sensor that is detecting this.
Remove the tank and clean all around where the tank goes it. Make sure it is completely clean and then put the tank back in.
Let me know if it still gives the error please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard, Sorry for the late reply.

I have cleaned the sensor area and waste bin external and internal areas (just in case) I also turned off the printer and left it for a couple of hours to see if this would help. But unfortunately I am still getting the same warning message. Its a shame there is no way of clearing the message. Have you any other thoughts ?

Best regards

Jason Shinn

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
They don't have a method to clear on this model (I checked) as it can damage the printer if it overflows.It is the sensor or the mainboard (chipset) that has faulted. Its the only reason leftI am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have a diagnostics run on it and the faulting component replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you