Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a Toshiba Satellite and It shows power on but nothing

Hi I have a Toshiba Satellite and It shows power on but nothing else the CD drive light is on but will not eject or run CD and screen is blank?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the battery and power cable
Hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.
Then connect the power cable and battery
Then hold Zero (0) and with it held down, then try to turn on the Laptop
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

TRIED ALL THAT NOTHING

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Tony
Remove the battery and only connect the power cable and then try to start it.
Does it run with just the power cable connected?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As I said I have tried all the basic fixes remove battery power button etc same with power button and esc ....nothing

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Tony, it was not clear you tried to run it without the battery in it.
We have then confirmed the issue
It is the motherboard that has faulted.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Laptop to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. but this needs to be replaced
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK not of any help really just confirmed my prognosis.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok I am sorry about that, I can only tell you the reality of the situation.... There is no other answer I can give and remain honest...At least you have it confirmed and now know what you need to do in order to get it working again.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The Toshiba parts site does not have my laptop model number listed so I have no idea which Motherboard to get. do you know any suppliers I can contact?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you give me the exact model please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

PSAE0E-01S025AV

SERIAL: 67137931K

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, they do not sell it new anymore so your best chance is to regularly check on ebay for a refurbished one
<a href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/Toshiba-Computer-Motherboard/1244/bn_643208/i.html"<http://www.ebay.com/sch/Toshiba-Computer-Motherboard/1244/bn_643208/i.html
And purchase one for there Tony
Toshiba stopped making these sorry.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you