Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

When having typed a letter and wanting to use the

Customer Question

When having typed a letter and wanting to use the mailing/envelope print out a notice comes up requesting number of copies. I cannot find any place on screen to enter a number. This has only been happening recently as previously this notice did not appear and the letter and envelope printed. Any help would be apprecited John XXX - ppocaX

Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.Hi John... I suggest that when you get that screen (that requests a number for copies, but does not seem to provide any place to enter the copies #), that you try pressing the TAB key on your keyboard - once, see if the screen changes or something comes into view, or the cursor travels a bit - twice, if the previous press doesn't change anything that you see - an so forth. Sometimes TAB key can move to an otherwise hidden text entry or number entry field, or bring it into view at least.If that doesn't work at all after a number of tries, then try pressing the -> (right-arrow) key several times.If that doesn't work at all or is not helpful, try pressing the down-arrow key several times. What program are you in, when you get the request for number-of-copies ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I regret that your suggestions fail to resolve the problem - there is no response to any of the suggestions.

Can you please try again? I am operating Windows 7

The problem exists in all cases when attempting to address an envelope from word

***** *****

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
OK - I understand that it is in an MS Word context.What is the full and exact text of the message about number-of-copies, please ?And, what buttons or controls does it show with it (if any) ? there should be an OK button, at least.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Exact text in box "The number must b between 1 and 31"

There is an OK button and help button. They do ot help!

***** *****

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Try this: Select Mailingsthen Select Labels (do not select Envelopes yet)in the Print Dialog Box change the label setting to a Single Labelchange both the Row and Column to 1now you can select Envelopes, type in the delivery address and printthe envelope. Let me know if that works, please. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. The latest suggestion does work with labels and having adjusted the size etc will print labels. However it still refuses to print the address direct onto envelopes. I can manage but if you can provide me with any further help in getting the addresses directly onto envelopes it would be extremely helpful

***** *****

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Select Mailings

then Select Envelopes

in the Print Dialog Box change the label setting to a Single Envelope

change appropriate setting(s) (perhaps Row and Column, perhaps not) to 1

and see if, when you do that, after doing the previous label-appropriate procedure, it prints envelopes without problem.

I'd like to get you a procedure that works for envelopes not just labels... but I confess it may require a bit of guess-and-try-again before a solution is found.

(I need to ask: exactly what version of MS Word are we dealing with here?)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All I know is that it was on the computer when software was installed

with Windows 7 microsoft

Is this sufficient if not I must ask for assistance

***** *****

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
The version is easily determined without assistance. In the MS Word window, click on Help then click on About Microsoft Word and the version # ***** MS Word will be shown there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE NOT BEEN TOO WELL AND THIS HAS CAUSED DELAY IN REPLYING TO YOUR LAST REPORT ASKING FOR DETAILS OF THE WORD SYSTEM.

I HAVE NOW CHECKED AND CANNOT FIND ANY HELP BUTTON WHEN WORD IS OPENED - IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE WE CAN DO TO TRY TO GET THE ENVELOPES PRINTOUT WORKING?

***** *****

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
TheHelpmenu item will appear just beneath the Title bar at the top of your MS Word window, when you press theAltkey (either one, or both). The keystrokes to bring up the version information are: Alt-H, A I think.I'm sorry to hear about your trouble with your health and wellness. I think this problem can be solved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Many apologies as I have inadventley misunderstood something somewhere along the line recently. Looking back I think I went atray when you asked me for the version of WORD I am using.

I can now tell you it is WORD 10 and I must apologise again for my mistake.

I hope this answers your earlier question and you can have another go at trying to get the envelope button to work.

***** *****

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

MS Word 10 doesn't mean anything to me I'm sorry to say.

MS Word 2010? or something else?