Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

How do I get headphones to work on my acer aspire 5740 lap

how do I get headphones to work on my acer aspire 5740 laptop
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. .I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Try this please> Choose Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Playback tab.orRight-click the Volume icon in the taskbar's notification area and choose Playback Devicesthen click on the headphones icon and Make sure the headphones are enabled.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Randy. I've done that but when I go to Playback Devices there is no headphones icon to select. Any idea why that would be? And how can I enable headphones when they are not there to be enabled?
do you have the headphones plugged in on the first jack as in this image?>>>
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Randy, thanks it's actually worked in the front jack this time, but only after I rebooted the laptop. Interestingly, the headphones still don't appear as an icon to select on the task bar ... but it works and that's all that matters! Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
Your welcome!Please let me know if you need any other assistance.Please take a moment to rate my service positively.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Randy. A superb service. I'll rate your job now.