Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a Samsung SCX 3205 printer. In recent weeks it has

I have a Samsung SCX 3205 printer.
In recent weeks it has taken to chopping off mainly top bits of documents.
How can I reset the device to prevent this?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Is it doing this from any program you print from your computer?
And which version of windows are you using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes.It's a Samsung SCX3205 printer.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, I believe you mis understood my question. No problem I will repeat it. Is it doing this from any program you print from your computer? And which version of windows are you using? Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes from any program.I am using Windows 10, but it started when I was using Windows7.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ThanksI want you to reinstall the print driver. To do this, can you click on the search at the bottom left and type in Device and click on device and printers.Right click on your printer and select Remove.Once done, restart the computerThen install the printer again like you did when you first received it and tell me if it is now printing correctly please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't see a Remove prompt.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Don't know how to reinstall.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You need to right click on your printer there please and then you can select RemoveI can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I prefer to continue the messaging.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok no problem, but you need to then do the instructions exactly as I gave please.There is no prompt to remove, it is in the menu when you right click your printer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've found it and it's gone..
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
what is gone? The menu? Or the printer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
both
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, if you mean you clicked on Remove and the printer was removed then it was uninstalled.
So please restart the computer and install the printer again like you did when you first received it, and tell me please if you can now print correctly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know how to reinstall it. Someone did that for me.If I turn off the computer, will I not lose contact with you?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, restart the computer and return here and post a message.
I can then tell you how to reinstall.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've finally got back to you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What must I do to reinstall?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The printer, please go to Devices and Printers again.
click on Add printer, and choose to add a network printer, then select the printer and install it
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did all this.When I attempted to print a test page, I got a message saying the printer was not for Windows, which is rubbish, as it had already worked with Windows 10.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, but it did install correct? If so, now try to do a normal print and tell me if it now prints please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No.
It chopped off more than ever of the text.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
From which program did you print?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The Edge version our conversation IS ON.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, open up Microsoft Word, and print a page of text from there.
How does it appear?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No better.I also tried an IE page.And also a hard copy page.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's as though something is not focussing properly.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Just to be sure, here in this page hold CTRL and press - so it zooms out.Then print and tell me how it looks please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That looked normal.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, looks like you have zoomed in too close, so make sure the zoom is correct (use CTRL and - ) in any program and it will then be ok. If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you