Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I keep getting bogus emails allegedly from Paypal, Paypal say

I keep getting bogus emails allegedly from Paypal, Paypal say they are not from them and that hotmail should be able to sort it out.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
These are philshing emails, they appear to be from accounts but are not, they are faked. The way email works you cannot stop this. You can even send a fake email from here
https://emkei.cz/
As you can see there you can specify any from address to make it look like its from anyone.
Whilst they are a pain, as long as you just delete them and above all do not do anything it tells you to do you are in no danger.
But the ability for people (scammers) to send these cannot be stopped, its the way email works.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't think I should pay £28:00 for that response do you?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I do, as its the correct answer and you paid to have your question answered as such....
So I am not sure why you do not feel you should pay, or how you would like me to answer this last question from you..