Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Windows 10 up grade has stopped my touch pad scroll working

Hi Windows 10 up grade has stopped my touch pad scroll working everything is ticked on driver with no joy. Lap top HP Pavilion dv7 cant find a replacement driver or update.
Please help its sending me mad
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you give me the full model of the Pavilion please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pavilion Dv7 Model3112sa
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank youThere are not windows 10 drivers available but can you redownload and install the Windows 7 driver from my link below pleaseClick me to openLook under Driver - Keyboard, Mouse and Input DevicesThen download the Synaptics Touchpad Driverrun the file to do the installation and restart the computerTell me if it then functions please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Still no joy its loaded Synaptics ps/2 port ive checked that the vertical and Hor boxes are tick but still cant get the scroll to work
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok its not compatible with windows 10 sorry, I checked for windows 10 specific drivers and none have been developed.I am sorry but if you want to use it, you will need to revert back to windows 7To do thispen the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.”You should see a “Go back to Windows 7” option. Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install. Microsoft will ask you why you want to go back.Let this complete, then windows 7 is again installed, and it will function.else you will need to wait until a windows 10 driver has been developed but as of yet, HP have made no indication of this sorry.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you