Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have Windows 10 and I cannot get your CD rom supporting

I have Windows 10 and I cannot get your CD rom supporting a Lumix Camera DMC-TZ71 to perform when entered into my PC ASUS
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Do you mean the disk does not start when you put it in the computer?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank youCan you with the disk in the computer press the windows key+ Ethis opens the file managerThen click on computer, and click on the DVD drive and run the Setup file from there which will then start the installationYou can run it this way if it is not starting automaticallyI can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.Else please let me know the results.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is this another £28?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, but it is OPTIONAL if you wish me to connect to your computer and do the instructions I told you, else please do the instructions I gave and let me know the response.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
well I have got computer management and clicked Device Manager Clicked that and nothing happens
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you went to the wrong place.You need to press the windows key + Ethe windows key is the one to the left of ALTThen in the new window that opens, click on Computer, and click on the DVD drive and run the Setup file from there which will then start the installationYou do not go to computer management or device manager.... but do the instructions exactly as I gave themLet me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
life at a glance turns up the key you mean is the one with a flag between Alt and CTRL is it
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Yes, with the windows logo on it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
well I have done that what comes up as I said it has various picture on it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you going to reply?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, I am trying to work out what you mean with various pictureCan you please be more descriptive on what you see as you just need to follow the instructions I gave.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is this the end of our conversation?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
sorry now I am getting confused by your responses.I now have from you that you see a various picture and if this is the end of our conversation..... Ill repeat, Can you please be more descriptive on what you see as you just need to follow the instructions I gave.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A table turns up with a heading "LIFE at a glance
Various Boxes this are various boxes containing "Calendar We speak Gmail
Microsoft edge and other boxes containing pictures
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok.. I am not sure what you are pressing, but its not the windows key + E as this on any windows opens the windows file manager.We will try a different wayClick in the search in the bottom left and type in File and click on File ExplorerThis will then open it and you can there click on Computer, and click on the DVD drive and run the Setup file from there which will then start the installation
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The instruction you gave was to press E which I have done
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I am asking you please to press the windows key + ESo the windows key and EThis is why I explained where the windows key is, as you also need to press it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I clicked E and the windows key and file explorer
e
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Are you in file explorer now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes what do I do now?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Now, click on this computerthen you see on the other window the DVD driveClick on it and double click the setup file in the list to run the installation please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ehasn't got this computer nor DVD Drive
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, it may be renamed, check this for THIS PCIt will be there on the left
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
don't see set up
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
What do you see?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ill just connect for free, its going to be easier for both of us.Thank you Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download for Free Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
don't see ID and password I have filled all the other info
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
you do not need to fill anything in, just click free download, run the file and install it and it gives you the ID and Password ***** give to me here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done that but no password
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes you will get one, when you run the program you get a ID and Password.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
well I couldn't find it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can we continue please
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, was about to sign off the the day as I did not hear back from you
Maybe this is easier for you
click this link then click I agree and run the downloaded file
Then I can connect
http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=66af47cf-1a12-4ffe-b118-dc5b8a205c30