Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I've installed outlook 2013 and set up 2 mailboxes in it

Customer Question

Hi, I've installed outlook 2013 and set up 2 mailboxes in it - one outlook.com email address and one pop3 address. Both are receiving email happily, but neither will send. Emails just sit in the outbox. No attachments are included so it isn't a file size issue. Help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve the problem you have posted.check the outgoing server address that must not be good, incoming is fine so you are receiving fine and check the port numer as well.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Incoming settings:pop3 server: pop3.live.comport: 995Outgoing Settings:SMTP Server: smtp.live.comport: 587
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

if I put the incoming and outgoing server addresses you provided it wont log me in.the port numbers are already the same as you specified.

the pop3 is an email address supplied by easyspace, so incoming mail server is specified as pop.iomartmail.com, and outgoing is specified as smtp.iomartmail.com.

I've managed to set these up successfully on my iPhone using the exact same info and no problems there.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
on your iphone are you able to send and receive fine without any problems for the easy space email id
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes all working perfectly.

further testing just now on laptop with outlook reveals I can successfully reply to an email sent to me, just not send a new one......

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Problem seems to be fixed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no, problem is not fixed at all. I cannot send a new email.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
If you Would like me to remote connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service which will allow me directly work on the problem and can be fixed quickly, you can sit back and watch your screen while i fix it for you. One-time flat fee for the whole session ($12).
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
No fee will be charged if problem not resolved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Check your email and accept the offer. i will send you a remote link to run.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=9e18effe-bee5-4a0b-baf7-7f308486e7d1
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
click on the link give above. Join Your Remote Desktop SessionHow Remote Desktop WorksAgree to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer below.The Remote Desktop client file will automatically download to your computer.Open the Remote Desktop client file on your computer and you will be connected to a session with your Expert.After agreeing to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer, you can always download the client again if need be.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Customer Hi Customer This is Michell and i am connected now.
Guest: hi Customer Please open the email and let me have a look Customer both the account has a problem of outgoing?
Guest: yes both outlook and pop Customer got it. Customer while i am working on my side there might be no activity on your screen please be relaxed and keep an eye on the remote chat if i need anything i will ping.
Guest: ok Customer Thanks Customer can i remove the emails and we configure it again
Guest: yes go for it Customer***@******.*** Customer***@******.***
Guest: yes Customer Please enter the password Customer Please wait Customer please enter the password Customer please enter the password ***** after retyping for teh second time do not press enter Customer please neter pswd Customer please enter your email password Customer its not accepting your password Customer can you type your password ***** thsi caht window Customer let me try entering it Customer i have checked all the setting firewall and antivirus which might be causing the problem however everything seems to be fine. The problem lies with the outlook 2013 itself Customer do you have the disk so that i can remove outlook and reinstall it back from the disk or download you have.
Guest: we bought a download Customer do you have the download link
Guest: im not sure where the key is, my husband did all that bit, i'll have to get in contact with him Customer i believe you are using ms office one license and not have installed office on multiple comptuers?
Guest: yes i think so Customer Please check and confirm if you are using the same download version and key on 2 different computers the problem can be very much possible the office is blocking the smtp the server to communicate you must have multilicense key to make it wirk on a second computer.
Guest: ok i will, might have to come back to you later with that info, is that ok? Customer you can contact me by leaving a message from justanswer email and i will resume the service no need to pay again. i will continue with no additional charge. Customer you can use the Ms edge for the time being to check yoru outlook email and if you want i can configure it on outlook windows email which is similar to outlook 2013 email
Guest: dont worry about setting up other mail i'll use my phone in the interim, will contact when i get download link and key Customer i will exit from the remote screen now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi, checked the details, we have Microsoft Office 365 Home, licenced for up to 5 machines, and its only installed on two. so not a licencing clash. ive reinstalled office as well, no effect at all. I'm reporting this as a bug to Microsoft. please would you close this call. if I rate as a partial success does that ensure you at least get paid for your time?

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for informing about the license, you may contact Microsoft for the same as its not accepting the outgoing server service.