Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

KINDLE PAPERWHITE WILL NOT START

Customer Question

KINDLE PAPERWHITE WILL NOT START
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Even if it does not look like it is charging and even though it may be fully charged charge it using a different wall outlet than you normally do (a different room is best) for at least 10 minutes.
Do not skip that even if it is fully charged from you already plugging it in, it is important to do it.
It sounds like the firmware may be frozen try this and let me know the results hold the power switch for at least 60 seconds.
Try this at least 6 times.
The firmware can sometimes get frozen the same way that a computer will occasionally.
If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still not working, it flashes and comes up with the kindle tree, then flash again after about one min. then tree again, then flash again, and then again, then again. still unable to start.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
That is not a good sign, how old is it? Have you tried letting the battery die yet? It could take a while for it to die but can sometimes help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about 2 years. still flashing. battery never let it run out. still flashing
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Please let the battery run out and after that try the steps I gave you again. This question does not expire you can get back to me by going to justanswer.co.uk and clicking on my questions at the top of the page.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Freddy
have tried all the things we tried last night, still not working, still just flashing every 70sec Ran the battery down in about two hours last night
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Darn, did you happen to get an extended warranty with it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't think so.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Darn, unfortunately when none of that works in order to fix the Kindle it would need to be sent back to Amazon. They would need to reinstall the operating system which you can not do yourself. If it had a warranty this would normally be covered. They do sometimes offer an upgrade for a discount if you send the old one in though so you may want to try that. You would not lose anything you bought it is attached to your account rather than the device, so you can download it all again. For that call 0800(###) ###-#### ***** you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kindle.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience: Years of experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank's for your help.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome and If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kindle.