Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, 20+ years experience.
63083622

There. I am using a Oki C711WT printer to print transfers

Customer Question

Hi there. I am using a Oki C711WT printer to print transfers for tshirts. I mainly do my designs in Illustrator. The problem I have is that when i print a colour image, say a blue square with a white H in the middle. The White ever appears. It becomes transparent and the colour of the shirt appears through. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  Wes replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I'm sorry you haven't been able to achieve the results you desire. If the transfers are transparent... there's no way to "print white". This is because the printer (like virtually all color printers) has 4 color toners. Black, Cyan, Yellow, and Magenta. All other colors are essentially different combinations of these inks... except white. There's no combination that results in white. In order to print white, you would need to have the T-shirt screen printed or you would have to have a transfer with a white background. The same would occur if you printed on a colored sheet of paper.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Wes, thanks for this. When you say have a transfer with a white back ground do you having the tshirt as white so would show through?

Expert:  Wes replied 1 year ago.
Yes, having a white background from the T-shirt will work but there is also white-backgrounded transfer paper for dark shirts. It works a little bit differently because with a normal transfer you usually have to flip the image otherwise it'll be backwards. With a transfer for dark colors, most times you print it normally. Then you have to trim around the image, put it on the T-shirt, put another sheet of paper on top of it then iron it. Because the latter has its own white background... it will come out just as if you printed it on paper. The downside is you need to trim around the printed image, so it's a bit more work. Have a look at this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XavEhEJ5aB0