Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

What is the password ***** my bios as i want to do a clean install

what is the password ***** my bios as i want to do a clean install of windows and need it to boot from dvd
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The password ***** be what it is set as, it is not set by the factory but always by the user.
What is the make and model of the computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

packard bell media S2185

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ThanksYou are going to have to clear this password ***** remove itTo do this, remove the power to the computerThen open it and you will see on the motherboard a watch like batteryWhen located, remove the battery and wait 4 hours for it to drain.Then put the battery back in, close up the computer and power it on and it should now have removed it.Let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

will try thanks

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your welcomeIf you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you