Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

Is there any way I can have my kindle books read to me - preferably

Customer Question

Is there any way I can have my kindle books read to me - preferably on my desktop, but alternatively on my Kindle Fire.
My sight is now very poor and even worse it is painful to keep my eyes open for more than a minute or two. I can no longer read my books
- just the title and perhaps the table of contents and a paragraph or two before it becomes too painful.
I am quite happy to buy an audible version when it is available but
for many such as technical books and poetry collections I am sure it would not be economic to produce audible versions.
I can do so on the kindle app on my iPad but have some problems with that
(1) it sometimes stops at the end of a page.
I can find no way to proceed except by exiting, restarting after setting it to the next page
(2) One is supposed to double click on the kindle file to open, but sometimes this simply truns off the voice and it is often quite difficult to get it to restart.
(3) I have no problem downloading a new book to the iPad but can find no way to access the books already in my cloud, to download one of them.
(4). I can find no way to delete books when they have been read.
I have Natural Reader on my Desktop which can read anything I put into the file space
but I cannot find how to transfer kindle books to the site although ebooks offer no difficulties.
It has been suggested that I should convert the books to mp3 files. I am told there is a way but that you do not approcve of it.
If you are unable to offer any solutions I shall have to stop buying Kindles and transfer to ebooks.
I may say I also have a problem with audio CDs in future because I can rarely read them straight through
so need to convert them to mp3 files . I am told this will not be allowed in future. If so I shall buy no more of them.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
The books you already have you can not, however you can get audio books on your Kindle using this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201553890

Or by using audible here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201540550

If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kindle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I told you I could get audible books. Are you suggesting I can get get any new book of kindles in audible form no matter how technical or obscure from one of these sites -that would certainly help but I would have thought it uneconomic for Amazon. I need technical books on cell biology, immunology, etc.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
No they list available books with Narration from Amazon on the first link I sent you and books narrated from audible.com if you follow the second link. There is nothing that can do every book yet. I apologize but I am going to opt out and open this to all experts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have seen on line hat there are ways to convert Kindle books to mp3 files which can then be read. However I suspect that such techniques may be technically illegal so I quite understand that you would not recommend them. I really hoped there might be legal ways of doing it but obviously not. It seems likely that I will simply give up on amazon and use ebooks in future because there seems to be no problem in converting g them to mp3 files. Thank you for your efforts. It would be churlish to grumble at your inability to solve my problem.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I sincerely wish i could have given you better news and hope you have a great day otherwise.