Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

My Toshiba Equium showing : The user Profile Service service

Customer Question

My Toshiba Equium showing :
The user Profile Service service failed the logon, User profile cannot be loaded.
Please help ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. We can try to fix this using System Restore.Start or restart the laptop and begin tapping the F8 key to bring up the advanced boot menu.Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt and press Enter.When the Safe Mode prompt comes up it will look like this: C:\Windows\System32>_At the blinking prompt type: rstrui.exe and press Enter.This will launch System Restore.Select Choose a different restore point.Click Next and select a restore date when you are sure you were able to login succesfully.Put a checkmark in the box to show older restore points if offered.Once a date has been selected click Next then Finish.Once the restore has completed and the computer restarted you should be able to log in normally.Sometimes the selected restore point won't work. In that case repeat the procedure, choosing the next oldest restorepoint and working your way back in time if necesary.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hey Byron, there were no other restore dates available other than tonite......trying to restore to the only date showing. There was no successful logins since yesterday, and that date is not there. Will let you know what happens.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
System recovery options box, the installed program cannot start. Click OK to turn off the computer ???
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay. There seem to be quite a bit of corruption in Windows. A few questions:Are you able to start the machine in Safe Mode with Networking and get it on the internet?If you can I should be able to connect and perform the Registry fix for this error.If you can get in to Safe Mode (no networking) here are the instructions for fixing the error:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947215 If all your files have been backed up or you're not concerned with preserving the data on the laptopwe can attempt a factory restore which would re-install Vista and set the machine back to it'slike new state. Please let me know if any of these options are possible.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am back in Byron, everything is very very slow....do I need to run any defrag or clean-up to sort this, or just leave it.
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Running defrag should help a bit but do it this way.
Click Start (or the orb in the lower left corner)
In the search area type: cmd
Right-click on the cmd search result at the top and
select Run as Administrator
At the blinking prompt in the black windows type: defrag c: /u
and press Enter