Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

In an excel spreadsheet how do you freeze the top row(s) so

Customer Question

In an excel spreadsheet how do you freeze the top row(s) so the the column headings remain on the screen when you scroll down the pages. My text book says click Freeze Panes (Window Menu) But where is that on the screen?
I have windows 7 plus
John Jenner
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. What's the version of Excel, e.g. 2007, 2010, 2013, you are using? Please reply back to me below. Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Please do this in Excel now: Open up the spreadsheet, and then click on the top row heading (labelled 1) at the top-left, to select the top row. Next, click on the View tab at the top of the window, and in the Window group, click the arrow below Freeze Panes. Finally, click Freeze Top Row. This should do it. If you need more help, please use the Reply box to continue our conversation. Otherwise, I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment to RATE my service by clicking on (and submit) a star rating at the top of this page. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using windows 2010
But where is this "view" tab at the top of windows. No view tab so no access to freeze
John
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I see, no issues. Please leave me a reply when you are available next, and I'll set up a quick remote session and assist you with this issue accordingly. Thank you.