Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have Windows 10 on my laptop which is networked to my PC.

I have Windows 10 on my laptop which is networked to my PC. Unfortunately, when I tried to update the PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10 all sorts of things seem to go wrong and I could not even get into Outlook so I reverted to Windows 7. I use my laptop for most of my work accessing the PC and storing on the PC. The only thing I synchronise between the two is Outlook by using SyncToy. I am now told that I cannot do this as it cannot find the folder on the PC. I am now very concerned that if something happens to the laptop I will lose all the Email stored on it. Is there a solution?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
First can I asked why you sync this way and not just have both outlooks download the emails directly fro the server? As this would be the most stable method.
Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Quite honestly, I do not know. I used to have a friend who was pie hot with computers and set me up. (Unfortunately, he has died!) I used to go to him with all my problems and he sorted me out. He set me up with Outlook and I have to synchronise from the last computer on which I used Emails. I am Secretary to various organisations and I keep a lot of my information stored on EMails. So, if something catastrophic happens to my laptop I would be in a great heap of mud!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok we will have to try it another way then, so the error you get is on the Laptop correct?I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard