Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

How can I alter document which says it can't be altered

How can I alter document which says it can't be altered ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Is this a word document? If so, click on Review, Restrict Editing and click Stop Protection and try to now edit it.
Let me know the results please
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi James,
Can you return here to your question please
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,