Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I have a Packard Bell iXtreme X6620 UK, Serial No. PTU 400201293904990

Customer Question

I have a Packard Bell iXtreme X6620 UK, Serial No. PTU 4002012939049902700, which I have upgraded to 2TB WD hard drive and 8GB RAM from Crucial. Since purchase on 26th October 2009 I have gradually upgraded the OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro. I use iolo Technologies System Mechanic latest version and Norton 360 Premium latest version.
However, my computer is painfully SLOW, taking minutes to load programs and change pages instead of seconds as it used to. The internet is also painfully slow.
Please can you suggest a solution to this problem?
P.S. I am also experiencing many freezes and hangups, especially page or program or website "Not Responding".
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Freezes usually point to a fault in the RAM. You upgraded the RAM, but can you remove the original ram and just leave the new ones in and tell me if you still get the problem please as this is the first thing I want to rule out.
Please let me know.