Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have a Samsung 550P7C laptop, the 'A' key on the keyboard

I have a Samsung 550P7C laptop, the 'A' key on the keyboard suddenly froze and now I cant log into the machine because that character is included in my password. Please help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Does it have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or 10?At the password ***** login screen, can you please click on the Ease of Access (or Accessibility icon), then click on the On-Screen Keyboard option/icon and use the on-screen keyboard to type the key A?If needed, do you have an external USB keyboard (a desktop USB keyboard) to try?Please reply back to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** used the Ease of Access and managed to log on. However, what should I do to correct this problem since I can't leave the computer on indefinitely? Your assistance is greatly appreciated

You're welcome. You can try to take out / reinsert the A key and check. If that does not work, the keyboard is bad. You can replace it with a new keyboard:http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=550P7C+keyboard&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xsamsung+550P7C+keyboard.TRS1&_nkw=samsung+550P7C+keyboard&_sacat=0Though that is be expensive. Can you connect an external USB keyboard to the laptop and use?Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I haven't got an external keyboard to try it out, but I just realise that quite a few keys are not responding either; so I may just have to consider getting a new keyboard as you have advised. Having said that, how easy is it to replace the keyboard once I have purchased a new one? Many thanks

You're welcome. Using an external USB keyboard is the easiest way. Otherwise, it can be complicated replacing the internal keyboard as you have to disassemble the laptop, so you might need a tech to do it for you; here are some videos:https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=samsung+550p7c+disassembly&tbm=vid If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,