Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I am having emails returned, the reason give is unable

hi
I am having emails returned, the reason give is unable to connect to server. what can I do please
gerry
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you give me the exact message that it gives you when the emails are returned please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, this is a problem with their mail server, not you. Their server is down and having an issue and the mail server you send from cannot deliver to it.
Its best you contact the recipient via other methods and inform them of this as they may not be aware of this issue. Once their mail server is up and running, you and others can email them.
Any one that tries to email them will have this issue.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
does my mail server know there is a problem or do I have to report it
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No, it does not know nor should you report it as there is nothing it can do.
The recipients needs to get this fix, nothing at all you an do from your side but wait till this is done.
This is not caused by you, a problem with you or anything to do with you apart from the fact you cannot email them.
This is solely a problem on the recipients side with which they need to resolve.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you