Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I've just bought Microsoft Home and Student 2016;-tried to

Customer Question

I've just bought Microsoft Home and Student 2016;-tried to install it and got an error code 3088-1015(0) ;-everything has now vanished from my computer;-help I'm not exactly computer literate? p.s my computer is 2 years old.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please which version of windows you are using?
And when you say everything vanished, you mean all the icons on the desktop dissapeared?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry but how do I find out which version of Windows I have? ;-sorry I said I am poor at this stuff.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its ok!
Click on this link and it then tells you
http://whatsmyos.com/
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

windows 8.1 @2013

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Go to the Windows 8 Start Screen and type restore point. When the search results appear click on the Settings category.
Now click on the option labeled Create a restore point and you will be brought to the System Protection tab of the System Properties control panel.
Click on the System Restore button and you will be presented with the main screen for System Restore. Now click on the Next button and you will be shown a list of available restore points that you can restore.
Select the restore point you wish to restore by left-clicking on the entry once. Use a date before this problem happened
Then click on the Next button at the restore point selection screen. You will now be at a screen asking if you are sure you wish to perform the restore.
Click on the Finish button. System Restore will once again ask if you are sure you wish to continue. If you are sure, please click on the Yes button.
System Restore will now reboot your computer and begin the restore process. Please be patient as this can take quite some time.
when complete it should be back to normal.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Else let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

windows 8 start screen;-where is it ?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
This is the screen you see when the computer first starts.
When you press the windows key on your keyboard (with the windows logo on it) it takes you there.
then you just start typing
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok;-this a train wreck for me;-done all as you said but could not reset the reset point only to today's date;-please can you fix it and install the Microsoft Office;- can give you the product keys etc ;-what say you o highly qualified person?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, if you accept the request for additional service I can connect to your computer and see what is happening.
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Blimey ;-your taking me into places I never knew existed;-this learning fun;-

What do I do next please?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
provide me the ID and Password ***** I can connect please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry did you not get the ID and password

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
only on this message, connecting now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi there Richard;-have sorted problem;-my wife says it's mainly me;-think that may be true !!-anyway many thanks.It's always the signposts that are provided and you did just that.

If you get to the south of France maybe we could have a glass of wine or two.

Regards.

Martin.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Your most welcome Martin!

Ill have one tonight in memory of this problem :)

All the best