Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Have a new galaxy core prime phone which is failing to connect

Have a new galaxy core prime phone which is failing to connect to the network displaying a message to check the network settings, which i do not know how
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. Are you sure that you are using the correct WIFI password ***** connect to the network on the phone itself? Do you currently have a computer connected WIRELESSLY to your network? Please reply back to me below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I bought this phone in a vodafone store, they said they have activated the new sim and phone and should function within 24hours that was two weeks ago. my question is how do i check the network settings on my hand set
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
OK; we will need to check the network settings from the router page itself (from your computer), and then use those settings with your phone accordingly. May I set up a quick remote session now, which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you with finding the correct router settings?Please reply back to me below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we can try that but what i need to know is how to check network settings on my phone
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
On your phone, you may access your WIFI/network settings by pressing the middle button at the bottom of your home screen to access your list of apps, and then tapping the "Settings" app. Next, tap "Wireless and Networks" to access your network settings accordingly.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
All of these steps are useless, however, if you don't know the correct network settings configured on the ROUTER itself. Should I provide you with the steps to connect to the remote session now? Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. My phone is connecting to my sky network ,hope it will connect to the phone network soon. Now installing galaxy apps.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

OK, great! If you do run into any other issues with the phone, just reply back to me on this page itself. Thank you.