Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

I have an Aspire V5 -122P that tried to update to W10 and failed.

I have an Aspire V5 -122P that tried to update to W10 and failed. Since this time my battery will not charge and the system is very slow.
Please can you advise on how I can resolve this issue, I do not want to upgrade to W10 any more due to the write ups I have seen.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Neither or those things would be caused by windows 10, and the only problems in 10 normally come from incompatible systems and programs. Can you tell me what version of windows you have? What exactly is slow? As for the battery that could need to be replaced, how old is it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I have had the system since April 2014 and it is version 8.1. The slowness is when I open the system and when I type it does not always register the key stroke, especially when trying to use the internet.
I also had an message today saying my knowhow cloud is not connected and I will need to download it again?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
The cloud should be one drive you can safely ignore that.
As for the slowness try this for me please.
Open the task manager using CTRL+ALT+Delete
At the bottom click on the more details button.
Then at the top click on the startup tab.
Disable everything not from Microsoft, AMD, Nvidia, or Realtek.
After that restart the computer twice, the first time to confirm, second to test.
You can get back to me by going to justanswer.co.uk and clicking on my questions at the top.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have completed the above suggestion for slowness, although there were not any Microsoft, AMD, Nvidia or Realtek, so everything was disabled.Typing this response appears quicker, but the battery is still not charging.Thanks
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately as I mentioned the battery itself may need to be replaced.
Do you always keep it plugged in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiI have done so in the past but not for the last few weeks.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok that is not good, leaving it charging all the time will eventually kill the battery. They are made to be used and then recharged so you normally want to let it run down to at least 30% before connecting the charger in order to prolong the life of the battery. Any local technician should be able to order one for you.
If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Acer.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience: Years of experience.