Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 in Sept. and

Customer Question

Hello, I upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 in Sept. and after loosing email and a lot of other services which have been since been improved, I am still without any audio, which the Microsoft trouble shooter says is due to no speakers or headsets being connected. I do not use external equipment and for some reason there is no output from the internal equipment, if you can help solve this fault it would be very much appreciated.
Brian R Morris.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your computer after windows 10 update.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
let me know the make and model of the computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My pc is a laptop manufactured by HP and the model is a Pavilion G6.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
you will have to download and install the sound driver to make the sound work again.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
i will give you the driver link to downlod the software.Can you tell me what version windows 10 you have on the computer is it 32 bit or 64 bit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it is 64 bit
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Please confirm the model number is ***** HP Pavilion g6-1a52nr Notebook PC, HP Pavilion g6-1a00 Notebook PC, HP Pavilion g6-1a52nr HP Pavilion g6-1d60usNotebook PC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, sorry for the delay in providing model number again, but here it is:- G6-2240SA and the ser. no. is 5CD2361TT0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will also require the reference number to obtain the download of the driver.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when will I be able to receive the link code for the driver software?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
i am sorry for bit of delay i will post you the latest drivers to get it installed.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
i will have to run a manual update on your computer which i will do it tomorrow when you will be online through remote access, let me know your time of availibility i will be online to get this fixed. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply, I shall be on line from 09.00 am. Thanks for your kind service. Brian R Morris.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
post me a message once you are online
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Michelle I am on line now
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Click on the remote link click here
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Join Your Remote Desktop SessionHow Remote Desktop WorksAgree to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer below.The Remote Desktop client file will automatically download to your computer.Open the Remote Desktop client file on your computer and you will be connected to a session with your Expert.After agreeing to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer, you can always download the client again if need be.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Customer Himichelleclive: This is Michelle and i am connected nowmichelleclive: may i take the mouse control?Guest: yesmichelleclive: the problem is with no sound on this computer is that correct?Guest: yesmichelleclive: okmichelleclive: I will have to restart the computer now and then will install the driver windows updatemichelleclive: i will do it remotely.michelleclive: all you have to do is login back to windows after it restarts.michelleclive: sound problem fixed...Guest: yes thanks nice job done Ihope all is ok for my skype servicemichelleclive: let me check that toomichelleclive: sign in please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Michelle, I am on Line, ***** *****
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
please let me know if you are facing any additional issues
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Michelle,
I have managed to sort the problem of signing in to the Skype cct. and as far as I am aware all problems have been solved and I hope to be able to clear any others that come up. Should I be faced with any fault that I cant handle I will contact you for assistance, I am very pleased with the fine service you provided to clear the audio fault and will recommend you to my friends and associates.
ours sincerely,
Brian.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the feedback and thanks for using our service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****,
I do still have a problem with the audio fault, and that is low volume. I did not want to try anything myself as I did not want to risk upsetting anything that you have done in clearing the original fault condition. The volume control is set at maximum, but I still have trouble hearing things, so if you could do a quick test and make the necessary adjustment it will be appreciated.
Brian.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=81192ae1-14af-4320-aea4-dcc23a1c70bf
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michelle,
I am a little confused with connecting again, as the my attempted contact to actuate a follow up on this audio fault is not being activated please advise me if my original request for the repair of my computer is still valid. - Regards Brian.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
It is not valid however i will not charge you again for the sound issue.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
i will send you a new remote link let me know when you are ready.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michelle,
Thanks for your reply, you can down load now as I will be available all day now.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Remote support Click here