John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

Can you please return me to windows 7 as I am 85 I found

can you please return me to windows 7 as I am 85 I found windows 7 easy to understand on email which I used the most to keep In contact with my friends changing to windows 10 was a bad mistake and try as I could I was unable to get windows 7 in my computer please help mr j xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.

Sir/Ma'am could you please let me know what all you had tried to get back to windows 7?
When did you upgrade to windows 10,is it more than 30 days ?
How did you accessed your email while you on windows 7,is it using web browser like Internet explorer,Chrome,mozilla firefox or did you use any email client like Microsoft Outlook,windows live mail etc?

Sincerely,
John
Note: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly. You will also get an email notification in your email each time I reply. To reply back to me use the reply box below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

more than 30 days virgin media ?or internet explorer

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you sir for the details.
Is one of the method you tried to get back to windows 7 was reverting back to previous build by going to Settings>Update &security>Recovery.If that is the method you tried it wont work after 30 days after you upgraded to windows 10.Then the only other option is to restore your computer to factory settings but this will eras the files in the PC and then it will re-install windows 7 and applications that came with the PC.

Please let me know the make and full model of the PC also are you currently communicating to me from the windows 10 PC?

Do you want me to try and set the ntlworld.com email in windows 10 PC ?

Sincerely,
John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Packard bell Imedia windows 7 home premium 64 bit

intel Pentium processor g620 intel hd graphics 1tb hard drive

4gbddr3 memory dvd super multi drive hdm1

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Sir you didn't answer my other questions i believe you didn't notice it.I will repeat the questions
Are you currently communicating to me from the windows 10 PC?

Also please let me know the full model which looks like this PT.U05-PV.U05 or let me know the SNID of the PC both can be found on the back or front of the tower?

Sincerely,
John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes 10 product ke4 windows 7 home prem oa

6mmq3~fj4fd~360fw g3mqf~mmcq HDMI

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes windows 10 set to the ntlworld.com

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Sir i am confused do you mean you want me to try and set your email in windows 10 ?
Can you try to login to your email using this link :- http://tinyurl.com/nnl838j
Let me know please
Sincerely,
John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no I would like you to set my email in window 7along with everything

else

ps this is getting too complicated for me all I wanted is windows7 back

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Sir i cannot set up your email in windows 7 until you install windows 7 first which you can only do because it needs you to restart and start the process.I will give you the instructions could you please try to do that,once you had installed windows 7 let me know and i can help you set up your email on windows 7.Here are the instructions to restore the computer to factory settings

Restart the computer and keep pressing F11(If that key didn't work then press F12 key) repeatedly when it shows Packard bell start up screen logo and it will start the Product Recovery/Restoring program.Follow on screen instructions to perform system recovery and then select restore to factory settings option to start the process.This process will can take sometime so do you shut down or restart while the process is running.

Please let me know whether you were able to start the recovery/restoring program during start-up because in some cases this wont work in that case you need to get recovery disc from Packard bell.Let me know how it goes.

Sincerely,
John
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Sir checking whether you were able to do the above instructions and did it work.
Please let me know the status.

Sincerely,
John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

dear *****

sorry but all your good work failed to work after a few

hours trying to return to window 7 I ended up with windos10 I

cannot afford to try again so I have decided to carry on with

windows 10 thank you for all your help it was very interestin

all the best John

Jim

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
I can understand and thank you for the update sir
If you want to try and go back to windows 7 again please try the following

1.Power on your computer. When the Packard Bell logo is displayed, press and hold the ALT key while pressing repeatedly the F10 key. Release the keys when a message displays that Windows is loading files.After the system recovery program has loaded follow the prompts to reinstall the operating system.

If the above method also didn't worked then only option is to get recovery disc from Packard bell by calling on this number 0871(###) ###-####(Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:00) once you have the disc you can boot from the disc and follow on-screen instructions to restore to factory settings.To boot from the disc you can do the following

1.Power off the PC
2.Power on your computer. When the first logo screen shows, press repeatedly the F12 key to enter the Boot menu.
3.Use the arrow keys to select your optical drive.Insert the disc labelled System CD in the optical drive and press ENTER.
4. The system will load from the Packard Bell Recovery Media.After the system recovery program has loaded follow the prompts to reinstall windows 7.

Are you able to open your emails in window 10 if not do you want me to remote access to your PC directly and set up the email for you?
Do you need any help from me on windows 10?

Sincerely,
John