Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Toshiba Satellite - no power to USB ports

Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. Could you provide further details about your issue, please? Are you unable to use devices connected to your USB ports now? Please reply back to me below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cannot use the mouse, but it works on the other computer.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
I see, we might need to uninstall and reinstall the USB device drivers to get the mouse to work with the computer. May I connect remotely to check the issue now? Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am on a different computer (macbook)

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
No issues, are you currently able to access the Internet on the Toshiba laptop? If so, I'll provide you with a remote link to open up from that laptop itself. Do let me know.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
If you don't have Internet access on the other laptop, just let me know and I'll provide you with the steps to resolve the USB issue yourself. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If you could send me link that would be great.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
OK, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following (shortened) link on the other laptop:tinyurl.com/mouseJAClick 'I agree', then download the remote tool when prompted. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom.) OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected. If you face any issues, just reply back to me below.Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the remote session. Do let me know how it works after the restore is completed, please.