Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Toshiba Satellite - no power to USB ports

Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. Could you provide further details about your issue, please? Are you unable to use devices connected to your USB ports now? Please reply back to me below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I cannot use the mouse, but it works on the other computer.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I see, we might need to uninstall and reinstall the USB device drivers to get the mouse to work with the computer. May I connect remotely to check the issue now? Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am on a different computer (macbook)

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
No issues, are you currently able to access the Internet on the Toshiba laptop? If so, I'll provide you with a remote link to open up from that laptop itself. Do let me know.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
If you don't have Internet access on the other laptop, just let me know and I'll provide you with the steps to resolve the USB issue yourself. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If you could send me link that would be great.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following (shortened) link on the other laptop:tinyurl.com/mouseJAClick 'I agree', then download the remote tool when prompted. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom.) OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected. If you face any issues, just reply back to me below.Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the remote session. Do let me know how it works after the restore is completed, please.