Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a fire tablet and have connected it to the computer

i have a fire tablet and have connected it to the computer vic wi-fi and now find that when i press the square buttons nothing happens and are inaccessible to any of the programmes.
in the right hand corner there are icons and one is the icon is a circle with a dash what does this mean. Is this something to do with the inaccessiblilty of the tablet. It is fully charged.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and use it.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have switched the fire tablet of an then held the power button for 35 seconds. Then switched on. The hub button screen has a no notifiction written a the end of this, and the hub button doesn't move anything. since i've pressed the password ***** have the screen with the squares when i press a square which is kindle. The button moves but nothing else happens. i press the icon triangle and square. The square the square tells me that hubis connected. The triangle button when pressed shows the square buttons and when again pressed. The square moves and nothing else happens. Same with all the squares they move but do not connect.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, can you tell me exactly what you mean with the hub button screen?
Do you mean for connecting to the wifi network?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hub button screen is the wi-fi icon button when you press this gives you the full screen of buttons after giving the password.The icon with the wi-fi once pressed connects you to the wifi network which connects to the screen with the start buttons to say kindle amazon etc after giving the password ***** course
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you on the BT Hub itself locate the reset button on the back of it and hold this in for 10 seconds then release.
Once done, repeat my initial instructions for the Kindle and tell me if you still have the issue please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have reset button for 10 seconds and fire/tablet start/off button for 35 seconds.
The wi-fi had /across it and switched this mode on the / has gone.
when i tap on wireless it says that wi-fi is connected to the Hub. and Bluetooth is switched on.
the wi-fi icon is now showing in the top of the right hand corner.i've pressed the hub icon and no reaction
a notice does say that fire can't connect to broadband.
I notice that fire has to be compatible to the wi-fi.
Is nt wi-fi compatible
fire connects to WEP; WPA PSK; WPA 2 Psk; WPA EAP; WPA EAP.
fire does not support ad-hoc (or peer to peer) wi-fi networks.my hub ends withW2QXit says fire sign in to network does this mean by giving a passwordIt does say turning router off and modem off and back on again solve many wi-fi connection problem
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If it says it is connected to the hub, then it is connected.
So now try to get a book and tell me what happens please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, it says connected so it must be connected. The book button worked and i got a book most buttons now seem to work except
amazon offers
calculator
weather
&
help
i'm not sure whether i have registered the fire tablet or not. How does the tablet tell you.
shall have to sign off after this question is answered. thankyou for your assistance
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is registered, it forces this else you cannot use it.If you got a book, you are connected, else you cannot get the book.I did not exactly understand though what was still not working? You mean you get no offers from Amazon now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i mean when i press the button on the pages where all the square buttons are. To get access only - not to operate the offers from the square which says amazon offers. i seem to get access by pressing the button on any site now.
so thankyou for your help,bye
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Perfect!
It was the firmware that had an issue, and needed a hard restart. We did this just then. It will now be ok.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry