Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

We have a live.co.uk email account, running on an Apple iPad. We

We have a live.co.uk email account, running on an Apple iPad.
We keep getting the message 'message not downloaded from server'.
Your help, please.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you please hold the home and power buttons on the iPad for about 10 seconds until you see the apple logo then release.
Let the iPad restart and tell me please if it now can download the emails.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did as requested. Still cannot download message.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If via your computer you click on my link, are you able to sign into your account there?
www.hotmail.com
Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes able to connect.I do not want a free trial Please cancel it.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I am only an engineer here, for all customer service questions and cancellations, you need to email customer service on
***@******.***
And they can organise a cancellation for you if you signed up for the free trial.
I am not really clear if you wanted a full refund.... or just to cancel the trial you signed up for so if you can clarify this that would be appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have cancelled my free trial! Awaiting your answer to my problem!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't need a refund! Just a solution, please!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any luck with a solution??
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you open Safari on the iPad, are you able to bring up web pages? I want to ensure it has full access to the internet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Safari working perfectly Over to you!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, go to Settings, Mail and press on the email account and press Delete account
Then repeat the initial steps we did.
Then go to Settings, Mail and add the email account back to the iPad
Tell me if it now downloads please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do it later and let you know Thanks for your help so far
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok.. can we not do this now, would only take a minute?
else I have marked this question to never close so any continued issues, please let me know.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
and if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have set up a new email account Looks like it's working! Thank you so much for your help