Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have an ASUS Memo Pad 8. 18months old. I can not turn it

I have an ASUS Memo Pad 8. 18months old. I can not turn it off and there are no visuals (I can not see anything on the screen). I know it is still on because I hear all the usual sounds when a message comes through or alarms etc. Can you suggest anything I can do to turn the visuals on please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Tablet and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Tablet.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I have done what you suggested but i still do not have any visuals.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, hold the power for 60 seconds, then release.
Then hold Volume UP and Power for 10 seconds and release and tell me if you see the recovery menu please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No recovery menu. No change at all.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the back light that has faulted. In effect the screen is working and everything else but as the back light is not working, you do not see anything.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the tablet to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.