Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

My kindle fire has stopped giving me access to the internet,

My kindle fire has stopped giving me access to the internet, although it tells me I am connected to BTWiFi. When I go into my network, it says "saved" and then changes to "authentification problem". What should I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
Try this please.
On your kindle, go to Settings.
2. Select Wi-Fi from the menu.
3. Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
A list of networks will appear. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindle
detects networks in range. If your network doesn't appear tap the tick box next to ***** off and on to refresh the list.
4. Tap the name of your home network. On the screen prompting you to
enter a password, select Forget.
The power the Kindle off. Then power back on and try connecting to the WiFi network again.
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.
Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not working. I did as you advised and was asked to log into BT but it isn't accepting my password, which, admittedly, my not be correct. What do I do now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please respond
On the Hub 2.0, the network name (SSID) and wireless key is printed on a label on the back of the Hub, the SSID is BTHomeHub2-______ and the wireless key is for example > 1234abcdef.
were you able to find that info on the label okay?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have re-added my network with security and password ***** stil getting authentication problem response.
okay, what is the password ***** you are entering on the kindle fire?
does it have capital letters?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is PMPE4ZFW
okay, do you Tap the Shift key (up arrow) for uppercase letters.
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No success still, I'm afraid, Randy. Really at my wit's end!I have tried deleting other networks in case there are too many on the system. But that doesn't seem to work either......Elizabeth
I am sorry to hear that. This sounds like you are having trouble with the password for some reason. I can get that corrected fire you with a remote screen connect session. Let me know if you want to do that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes....but will that cost me??
No. I can do it for you at no extra cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes please!!!
Okay, I will send
you the remote link.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please do.
Please click on this link and allow the remote program to rum> http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=ceeb51fb-5a41-4f86-bc35-123fc76f86ea
I had to reboot your computer, please let me know if it does not reconnect to our remote session. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has shut diwn sbd is now starting up again.
ok,
The computer screen was frozen on our remote screen connect session, I am back with you now.I will check on the password ***** for you.
I have resolved the issue via screen connect remote session.
Thank you very much!
Experience: Computer specialist