Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My kindle has frozen wont turn off or change in any way

my kindle has frozen wont turn off or change in any way
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
still frozen in the on position
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, now we did this, leave it connected to the charger for 5 minutes then try again as it is now able to get proper power if its the firmware.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
nothing has changed except the red charging light is on it was green last time
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the issue
It is the internal motherboard that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you very much for your help