Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

How do I restore my Password. Someone hacked my computer and

Customer Question

How do I restore my Password. Someone hacked my computer and change password.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Which password ***** been changed? Is this the password ***** your email? To log into your computer? Or something else. Please provide as much detail as you can so I can best assist.Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My administrator password. After switching on I cant log into my useage.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
So you mean you cannot log onto your computer and use it? Why do you say someone hacked the computer? Did something happen, did you allow anyone access to the computer that you are aware of?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My password ***** changed? I didn't change it! Do you have a solution?? How can I get my administrator access back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not aware of anyone else accessing my computer.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. When you enter your password ***** try to log in are you being told the password ***** ***** correct or do you receive some other message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The messages that come up are:-
The user profile service failed to log on.
User profile cannot be loaded.Password ***** E.Mail.
Reset Password.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Originally I created a guest log on which I am using now.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. That's very helpful information. We'll use System Restore to correct this. Start or restart the computer and begin steadily tapping the F8 key as soon as you see the manufacturer's logo screen. When the
Advanced startup screen appears use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
You'll be prompted to log in. Log in as the user for the account you are having the password ***** with. At the command prompt, which will look like this: C:\Windows\System32>_
type: rstrui.exe and press Enter.
This will launch System Restore. It may not immediately start so please give it a few moments.
When System Restore launches click Next and put a checkmark in the box labeled Show More Restore Points. Select a restore date when you were able to log in normally and click Next then Finish.
Allow the restore to complete. After the computer has restarted you should then be able to log in normally.
Sometimes the first restore does not work. In that case repeat the procedure and select the next oldest restore point working your way back in time if necessary.