Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

My Lenovo tablet A8 has been going crazy last day.

My Lenovo tablet A8 has been going crazy for the last day. The touch screen does not respond and the tablet itself seems to be going through every app and program available, playing trailers and testing out ring tones etc. Do you think I've been targetted by some sort of virus? Or is it simply trying to update (I've owned it for about six months and have never been prompted to allow or choose any updates).
Advice much appreciated
Kath
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.This sounds like a glitch with the firmware. If there is an update available that will solve the issue, if there is no update available then you will need to restore the tablets firmware.To upgrade the system firmware, refer to the following steps:Method 1:Step 1: Touch Settings on Home screen.Step 2: Tap About tablet, tap System Update.Step 3: Follow the onscreen instructions to upgrade (If the current system is the latest version, an alert will show. Tap Back).Method 2:On System Update interface, tap Toolkit at top right, select Reboot in Recovery mode or Install the specified update pack.If there is no available update follow these steps please>go to Settings->Backup & reset: then choose back up, make sure that all of your important data and pics are backed up to your back up account or sd card.Then choose reset to factory defaults. Please let me know if you need any other assistance.Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Randy,
Thanks for the advice; unfortunately the touch screen is not responding so I can't pull up a Settings menu. Anything else I can try or is it a write-off?
Kath
okay, you can try a reset to see if that will get the screen working again.Open the door that holds your Micro SD card . The door is on the upper left side when you hold the tablet in portrait mode (Lenovo logo up).With a paper clip, press and hold the tiny button in between the two card slots. This will disconnect the battery.If that fails you can also do a manual restore with the hardware keys.Follow these steps please>Switch off the tablet.Press and hold at the same time Volume UP and Power keys.When the System Recovery screen appears use the Volume Up/Down keys for navigation and the Power On key for OK.Choose "wipe data / factory reset", "Yes -- delete all user data", "reboot system now".
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Randy,
Sucess! All reset and set up. You've saved me a trip back to the shop! Thankyou so much,
Kath