Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Yahoo has taken over Edge on my computer. I cannot access any

Yahoo has taken over Edge on my computer. I cannot access any web site because the page fills with adverts. I delete them but they return within 10 seconds. Even now as I am trying to write to you the page keeps filling up with adverts. I have followed all the advice on Community but nothing works.
Hope you can help
Jean Riches
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does this issue occur with both Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge programs?

Do you have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a desktop computer-broadband is wireless (connected with yellow cable).

Windows 10

Occurs in both Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

I only use Edge

Jean

Thank you. Are you able to change the Home page on both Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge programs? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried to change the Home pages but Yahoo keeps returning. I went into Internet Options and changed it to default, When I tried to go back on line the setting had reverted back to the Yahoo setting.

Every time there is movement on the internet such as you asking me a question the screen fills with adverts, an typing the reply is a long process.

Jean

It looks like there is spyware on your computer. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yea please

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=f5005127-c316-4ca2-81e5-6b5de846842e

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
Thank you; please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

Working on issue. Thank you.

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.