Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I have come home from work to discover that somehow my

Customer Question

I have come home from work to discover that somehow my computer has gone back to factory settings and microsoft 10 is now my office suite?!  I did have 2003 before I left home.  EVERYTHING seems to have been wiped. My documents, pictures everything. Please can someone tell me how this happened and how I can fretrieve my documents and pictures. Thank you

Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JA, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Wow! What you are describing is a DOOZY! Part mystery, part sabotage. Where can we start? Let me say this first.....you MUST come to terms that your data might be gone...forever. Barring some serious forensic recovery, there may not be anything that can be done. Lets start with this. Check your event viewer, for any changes over the period of time that you suspect this happened. To get an idea of HOW, and WHAT did the update/reset. Have a look at this link for in-depth how-to on event viewer. There is NO WAY for me to talk you through an investigation.....it would take FOREVER....and might inadvertanly cause a problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What link?

This Link:http://www.howtogeek.com/school/using-windows-admin-tools-like-a-pro/lesson3/