Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Model no 32W2433D Serial no 83C33193 This is a replacement

Model no 32W2433D
Serial no 83C33193
This is a replacement set for an earlier faulty one.
Normally, when you switch on the television set it shows the programme that you were watching last.Overnight, this set slips out of gear in that, when I switch it on, it shows a grey screen and is showing that it is switched to external source 1 which is the digital recorder. Sometimes I can restore function by unplugging the digital recorder, wait a bit, plug it in again, then a blue screen is displayed - it's still showing that it's set to external source 1, unplug the digital recorder, wait a bit, plug it in again. When that doesn't work I have to re-tune the TV. Why does this happen?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It sounds like the Digital Recorder may be faulting. What is the make and model of it and we can go through some procedure for it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's a Daewoo

DSD-9502T/9503T

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, remove it from the power socket so no power gets to it and wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power, turn it on and check if you still have the problem.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No problem. everthing working normally

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Perfect, it was the boss that was the issue, it will be ok now, it needed to clear the residue powerIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think I need to check it out over the next night or two to see if that is a permanent solution, before I award any stars! Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok... I have marked the question to never close so any issues you can just let me know here.
I do hope you remember to return if it works if you wish to do it this way.