Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

How can I recover my windows 10 when I cannot access it?

how can I recover my windows 10 when I cannot access it?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
You can do a factory reset of your computer.
What is the make and model number, and can provide further instructions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a Lenovo h30-00.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Geoffrey,
Restart the computer and keep pressing F11 to start the Product Recovery program.
When you see the Product Recovery Program Main Menu, select Full Recovery or Factory Contents and follow the instructions on the screen.
After the software has been reinstalled, copy your personal configuration and data files back into their original directories on the hard drive.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK I ave done that but it comes up Preparing for auotmatic Repair.

Then a white outline square flashes on the screen. It then says Diagnosing your PC. It then says your PC did not start correctly and tells me do do it again, which I have a few times.Advise please.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then try pressing the Shift+F8 keys or the F8 key repeatedly when the computer starts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have done that just get the same answer as before The Automatic repair sequence.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then you will need to try another solution to repair Windows.
Solution 1:
Try Booting into safe mode first, then rebooting the computer.
So you are at the screen that says something on the lines of "Windows did not load properly".
Step 1: Select "Advanced repair options"
Step 2: Select "Troubleshoot"
Step 3: Select "Advanced Options"
Step 4: Select "Start up settings"
Step 5: Select "Restart"
Step 6: The computer should restart. Now you want to hit the 4 key, which is safe mode.
Step 7: You should be able to log in now. Restart the computer and the computer should boot normally.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Solution 2:
This solution is to disable the automatic repair from starting if your computer fails to boot into windows.
What you will need - A Windows boot CD
Step 1: Place the CD in your drive and proceed to boot from it
Step 2: When the install screen pops up, look to the bottom left and select "Repair Your Computer".
Step 3: You will now see a screen that says "Choose an option". Select "Troubleshoot", then "Advanced Options", and finally "Command Prompt".
Step 4: You should now see the command prompt. Type "bcdedit" (without quotes) and hit enter.
Step 5: A list should have appeared. Towards the top, you should see "resumeobject" (It is under "default"). Highlight the long number, including the brackets, and copy.
Step 6: Now type "bcdedit /set (the long number you copied) recoveryenabled No" (Without quotes). Hit enter.
Step 7: You should now see the message "The operation completed successfully"
Step 8: Type "Exit" (Without quotes)
Step 9: Reboot
Solution 3:
Run checkdisk to see if your hard drive is the problem
Step 1: Place a Windows boot CD in your drive and proceed to boot from it
Step 4: Type "chkdsk /r C:" (Without quotes)
Step 5: The scan should start. This could take several hours depending on the size of your hard drive.
Step 6: Once the scan is done, type "exit" (without quotes).
Step 7: Reboot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No1 did not work same problem.

Unfortunately I dont have a Boot CD. The computer was upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10 online.

The problem may be the hard drive .I was fed up with windows 10 and tried to Install Linux Mint 17.2. After that the trouble started. I can run Linux from the disc which I am doing now.

Anything else to try?

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
A faulty HDD is also a possibility and is very likely if none of the recovery methods worked, or if you are stuck in a boot loop.
Installing Linux may have overwritten the Windows recovery partition, preventing you from recovering Windows.
You can borrow a Windows 8.1 recovery disk from a friend or get a computer store to run it for you to recover the computer, since you already own the Windows 8.1 license, and then upgrade to Windows 10 again online.
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.