Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My son is in australia and needs to access his old gmail account

my son is in australia and needs to access his old gmail account to retrieve his passwords for his visa application, he doesnt have his moblie phone anymore and when he's tried to do a recovery it wont work, how can he get into his old account
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
When he made the account, did he also specify a recovery email address to be contacted on?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes his older hotmaill account***@******.***

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, so when he goes to reset the password, he can choose this email account to have the recovery code sent to this and enter it in.
Have him do this and Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

but he is locked out of that one too, thats even older and he doesnt know the passoword for this one either

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, and he has tried to reset the password ***** that one via the link below?
https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx
If not, can you have him try and tell me if he can please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes apparently he tried to do that a long time ago and there is possibly no recovery email on that one as it was his first email account

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, we have 2 more options.
As this is time sensitive I urge to try the first one. That is for him to call his old phone number, as its likely been reassigned to someone.
Explain the issue and that they will receive a code. Then have him try to reset is Gmail password ***** and the code will be sent to that phone, he can then call them, get the code and enter it in to reset the password.
Then he can update his details.
Its the quickest manner to get access. If he is hesitant to do this for any reason, let me know and as an additional service I can do this.
Else let me know how he goes please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well its stilll registered in his name or should I say in my name as I'm still paying for it but he doesnt have the SIM card anymore it was in a phone he lost in Australia he then bought an australian phone and number so we didnt get another SIM card. All this is typical Luke, he is useless

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, they would give a new sim card free of charge.
Else, He will need to follow the manual process, it is the only option left in your situation.
You'll need a working email account so they can contact you on it. I advise to make a temporary one here if he does not have one.
https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?service=mail
Then go to this link and fill in the form please.
https://support.google.com/accounts/contact/disabled2?p=
You will then need to allow up to 48 hours for Google to contact you with the instructions to reset your password.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

he has a new gmail account which he set up earlier this year which he can use I take it this will be ok

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
They will be fine, as long as he can receive emails on it then he gives them that one to be contacted on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks I'll send for a SIM card also just in case

Thank you for your help

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The SIM card is best as its the surest method.
If you need anything else, please let me know
And please remember the service rating via one of the smiley faces or stars and then submit.