Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

Explorer history, giveaways on phone, security, privacy up

Customer Question

explorer history, giveaways on phone, security, privacy up vote 0 down vote favorite I have lost a windows phone/lost and seriously worried about it being in the wrong hands. I have tried to erase it through my Hotmail settings but it just keeps saying
try again later. I have recovered the phone details on to my new phone with the back up. I have deleted my browsing history and saved passwords (I think some of this was from old phone but not sure), will this work or is there more I can do. Is there enough
I can do to make it that nothing can be retrieved from it? It has a smashed screen but person may use software to look at it, they are well in the know. Phone has no sim in it. Thanks for any help.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please be willing to chat freely and at speed. the last expert was very slow and in the end opted out
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing just answer.My name is ***** ***** will assisting you today. Yeah...im pretty quick! Your windows phone was stolen/lost, and you are worried about the data remaining on the phone, will be harmfully used in some fashion.The screen is cracked and unusable?The SIM card was removed? The only thing you can do remotely on a windows phone is through windows live. There you have to be able to FIND the phone. If windows live cant FIND it....you cane erase it. That simple.Meaning that the phone must be turned on, and connected to a network, in order to push the ERASE request to the phone. Am I missing anything?