Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have forgotten my password ********@******.*** and

I have forgotten my password ********@******.*** and do not have th correct information for password ***** - can you help me obtain my password
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
When you say you do not have the correct information, what exactly are you referring to? The questionnaire you have to fill in to try to get access back to your account?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I need to answer some questions to reset the password ***** as favourite teacher at schooll and other personal type questions - I am obviously giving the incorrect answers

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Do you have your Mobile phone that ends with numbers 48 with you?
If so, whats the last 4 digits?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No the phone ending 48 is a land line and not capable of accepting texts

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, it should have been a mobile entered in, which puts you in a difficult position.
Try again to complete this form and tell me exactly what happens please
https://account.live.com/acsr?rollrs=04
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I presume the £27.86 is in addition to the £28 - if you are unsuccessful is this refundable

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is in addition, but no there is no guarantee of it being successful, only that you then have done everything possible as I would ensure this.
As this is an account issue, and as you entered the wrong information (home phone) when creating the account, its impossible to guarantee, else we just continue here Roger.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just continue here please

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem, but then please do the instructions I gave you Roger.
I will repeat them again below
https://account.live.com/acsr?rollrs=04
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have filled in the request to recover the account but it says the info was not sufficient to open the account

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then I will not mislead you Roger, you are not going to gain access back to your account again. The issue is when they requested your mobile number you provided a home phone number and hence they cannot text a code. You also are not able to provide them the information they need in order to gain access. It is not even close enought for them to review your request
I am sorry but your only option is to create a new account. You can do so from my link below
https://signup.live.com/
It is critical you note the information you enter when creating the account, and provide them a valid mobile number as well as an alternate email address as a backup.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.