Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I checked online technical support and was put through

Customer Question

I checked online for yahoo technical support and was put through to what I believed was your technical department which turned out to be Maya's Services my complaint was that I had been receiving about 30 to 50 pornographic emails in my junk box every day and they said they would clear out my computer and there would be no problem. After paying £199 they said it was fixed, next day same again more mail, again contacted them but the same thing happened. Today I tried to contact them but number unobtainable, so believe it's a scam. I now wish to change my password ***** seem unable to do this. I as you can imagine am very upset as I thought I was dealing with yahoo, can you please help.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Before I can help you with this issues, please tell me the following information:What version of Windows is your computer using? Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10?How do you access your Yahoo email account? Are you using a web browser like Internet Explorer? Chrome or Firefox? Or are you using an email program like Outlook Express? or MS Outlook 2010?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further. A rating is only required when we are finished.Thank you.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know this sounds stupid but I haven't got a clue I rarely you my laptop just use my apple ipad
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. I understand your situation. In order to know the version of Windows on your laptop, please do the following:Use your laptop and open your browserThen go to this link:http://supportdetails.com/In that page, you will see the version of WIndows that you are using and the web browser.Please let me know.Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just found windows vista basic
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information.Can I remotely access your Windows Vista computer so that I can directly help you with your Yahoo spam problem while you watch? The major reasons why you are having a huge amount of spam emails are the following:Your computer could have been infected with a malware that your antivirus software failed to detect. These malwares collect mail information and then send them out to the spammers who created themYour email address could have been published somewhere in the web when you use the internet, like when posting to forums and other online sites. Posting email addresses online is ok especially if you really need to, but sometimes, if the sites where you are posting your email address is not secure, or an open sites like in forums, then scammers are using web crawlers to collect emails. Once your email is collected, you will then start getting spam ads. So the next time you post your email address in any websites like forum sites, you can break the email by putting a space before and after the @ sign, like yourname @ youremail.com. In that way, the web crawler bots do not recognize it as an email and will not include it in their collection.Your email spam filtering system could be set OFF or low spams go to your Inbox. In this case, you need to check your email settings and locate for the SPAM filter section and try to tighten your SPAM detection to prevent future spams.I can help you fix this issue remotely if you allow.Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to do this but have to go out in about 10 minutes would it be possible to do this after 2pm today?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is alright with me. I will send you the formal offer now and you can accept it so that by 2PM we can do the remote session. I can then send you the procedures to join me in the remote session when you are back at 2PM.Thank you.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. I am online for up to 6 hours from now so I can standby here and wait for you for our remote session.Best regards,Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
How is it going? Are you available for the remote session now?
Please let me know.
Best regards,
Jess