Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

I have accidently wiped Windows 8.1 off my new computer whilst downloading windows 10.

Hi I have accidently wiped Windows 8.1 off my new computer whilst downloading windows 10. I am not happy with windows 10 as I have lost touchscreen function and would like to get windows 8.1 back. I no longer have the produck key on my comp.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Upgrading to Windows 10 odes not wipe out the older version of Windows originally n the computer. an you please confirm if you can still roll back your Windows 10 to your previous version of Windows? Please refer to the procedures in this link:http://technicalforum.org/windows-tips/how-roll-back-your-windows-10-upgrade-your-previous-version-windowsPlease let me know if you still have the option to Go back to Windows 7 or 8.1. Thank you.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No there is no option to go back to windows 8. only to windows 10

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, No I do not have the option to go back to windows 8

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that confirmation. Did you perform a "format" when you installed Windows 10? Or shall I say, did you do a fresh install instead of an upgrade?To verify this, please open Explorer, hen open drive C. Do you see a folder called Windows.old there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes but I think as I have reinstalled windows 10 2/3 times this may also be windows 10

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Did you reinstall Windows 10 from a DVD disc?Also, can you please check if you have a partition or drive there called "Recovery"? Your only option is to perform a factory reset since you do not have the Windows 8.1 disc installer and the product key. But this is only possible if the hidden recovery partition is still intact.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did an automatic upgrade the is no DVD drive on comp. The recovery partition ( if I am looking in the right place) is dated after I reinstalled windows 10.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back. I am signing off now for the day (I am from a different time zone, it is midnight here). I will opt out now so that my colleagues can assist you further. You will be notified when other expert joins you here. If no one joins you here, I can opt back in when I am back online.Thank you.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, do I still have a connection?

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Can you tell me the brand and model number of your new computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Byron, The make is Lenovo Yoga 300 80M0

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Please hold down the power button until it shuts down.
With the laptop now powered off, press for 2 -3 seconds the Novo button.
The very small button is located just to the right of the power button.
This will start the OneKey recovery program. When it open select Recovery and follow the prompts to reload Windows.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
graphic
It's item #3
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I haven't heard back. Were you able to access OneKey recover using the Novo button?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes finally found tiny key got as far as a blue screen which had a box with windows 8 64 bit pressed enter and the computer restarted to windows 10

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Let's try it this way to see if you have different options.Restart the computer such that you are looking at the login screen (but don't try to log in)While holding down the Shift key click the power icon and select Restart.Release the Shift key when you see "Please Wait"When the Choose an Option screen opens click Troubleshoot.Click Advanced Options.On that page, do you see the option: Return to Previous Build?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK thanks.

Did you see my reply after that one

I did find : pre installed op licence SDK0J3395 win

OA3 key ID 2667035137833

OA2 N

or would these refer to windows 10 ?

could these help

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I didn't. It's only appearing on my screen now. "Pre-installed" leads me to think this refers to Windows 8. Where did you see this? In OneKey recovery?
The OA designation refers to original equipment from the manufacturer so it does not refer to Windows 10
Were these options you could select to install?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This was on 1st page of InsydeH20 setup facility under information then there were pages configuration-security-Boot-Exit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did not see options to install on that page - where 'preinstalled' info was

but could this be helpful if I wanted to download windows 8?

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
InsydeH20 is the BIOS utility. It won't contain the information you would need.Downloading Windows 8 requires a product key. Manufacturers used to put a label on laptops that listed the product key.When Windows 8 came out that practice stopped because manufacturer's included a recovery partition on their laptopsthat allowed the re-installation of the operating system. If that partition is damaged or deleted then recovery to original factory condition can only be accomplished by installation of recovery media that comes from Lenovo.The media can be ordered through their link here: Lenovo:RecoveryMedia What you receive from Lenovo is not only the operating system but all the hardware drivers and original softwarethat came with the laptop which is something that you would not get by just downloading Windows.Please let me know if you need more information and if you could take a moment before leavingto provide a service rating using the stars at the top of the page it would be much appreciated.
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: A+ MCSE with over 12 years experience.