Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have forgotten my passwords, how do I get my laptop going

Customer Question

I have forgotten my passwords, how do I get my laptop going again, have been trying for weeks
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean you cannot open any program on your laptop at all?What's the model of your laptop?Does it have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or 10?Does it show a name or username at the password/login screen?Does it show an email address at the password/login screen?Is it okay to reset the laptop fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hp pavilion dm4.windows10.no. yes. it is ok to reset but I do not think I can do it as I am 82
The steps to reset are easy. Please try the following steps on the problematic computer in order to reset it:At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.Click on the Power icon, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.When prompted, select the option "Remove everything", and option "Just remove files", and continue.Do you see the menu / Troubleshoot option when trying the above steps?Please reply at the box below continue troubleshooting. Thank you.
Experience: Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
If there is still any issue, please reply at the box below, so I can help further. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I have sent my e-mail address to you
Please only reply at the box below on this web page to continue. What happens when you try the following on the problematic computer:At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.Click on the Power icon, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a hp pavilion dm 4, and have forgotten my passwords , now it has been locked can you on lock it for me? and give me a new password
Did you see / try my steps at all for unlocking the hp pavilion dm4 laptop? Scroll up / down this web page for the steps. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Here are the steps again for unlocking the HP Pavilion dm4 laptop:At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.Click on the Power icon (at the bottom right), then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.When prompted, select the option "Remove everything", and option "Just remove files", and continue.Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.
Another method if it does not work:At the password ***** login screen, click on the Ease of Access icon at the bottom left of the computer's screen, then click on the On-Screen Keyboard option.Click on the word Shift (or click on the Up Arrow icon) on the left of the computer's screen.Click on the Power icon (at the bottom right), then click on the option Restart.When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.When prompted, select the option "Remove everything", and option "Just remove files", and continue.Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.