Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

How do I install my new Office 2010? My browser is Firefox,

Customer Question

How do I install my new Office 2010? My browser is Firefox, and won't accept the link for the download.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Sir/Ma'am which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 or any otherThe link you provided is a installation file for office 2010.Do you have the license key for activating it.what happens when you try to open that link ?Google is a search engine which you can add or remove on any web browsers like Internet explorer,Firefox,Google chrome etcSincerely,JohnNote: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly. You will also get an email notification in your email each time I reply. To reply back to me use the reply box below
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have Windows 10, which was working fine until a fortnight ago, when it callapsed my computer; the motherboard has been replaced, which has lost me all my files and apps, and will take ages to reorganise - Yaaaagh! Office went with the rest, so I bought Office 2010 from tinyurl as it was cheapest. They sent me the link http://tinyurl.com/amaoffice2010 to download it, warning me not to go to Google as I'd just get a list of sites. I didn't realise Firefox was aka Google, and just, as they said, got a list of sites. I went on to tinyurl, and was asked to sign up to a sociak media site. I don't want social media, I just want my Office 10! I've paid for it; how do I get it?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the details.You didn't answer some of my questions could you please answer it which are1.Do you have the license key for activating office 2010 which you bought?2.what happens when you try to open that link ?The site you bought (tinyurl) is actually a site that is used for shortening lengthy web address its not a site that sells anything,you can find details of that site from this link http://tinyurl.com/Did you get any email notification of office 2010 purchase you made?Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay.
Yes, I have the licence key. When I try to open the link on Firefox, I get a list of sites, none of which is useful. Yes, I got email notification of the purchase.
I don't know how to remove Google from Firefox, as you said was possible, and I don't know any other browsers to install to use the link.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the update.It seems like you are typing the web address on google search that is why its giving you the list of site address.What you need to do is to type that address tinyurl.com/amaoffice2010 in the address bar of the web browser which is on the top of the Firefox browser and press enter to download that office 2010 file.Here is a image that shows where the address bar is located.please try to do it and let me know how it goes.If you still cannot do it then i can remote access to your PC and do it for you but remote access is a additional service that has a charge for it.Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, I'll try that. Here goes!
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Good and let me know how it goes.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Sir/Ma'am checking whether you were able to download the office 2010 file and install it so please let me know the status.Sincerely,John