Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

I cannot sign on to my aol accountIt is asking me

Customer Question

I cannot sign on to my aol account
It is asking me for my pass word
I cannot remember it It is asking me to copy what is above and as I am 85, it's got me beat
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There was a page where there was a large blanc square, with nothing that I could see in the square.
It was asking me to copy, what was above.
This had me beat, because there was nothing in the square,
All other questions, I believe I answered correctly.
The reason why these questions were being asked, because in desperation, I was even trying to set up a new account, although, I have so many friends, who would be upset, if I had to do so.
Other than that, I will stop using aol altogether.
.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I think the blank square was a 'captcha' image of some digits or numbers or letters. You were supposed to read the numbers or letters off the image displayed in the blank square, and type them into the text entry box, to verify that you are a human being who can perform such a (seemingly meaningless) feat. If the blank square remained blank, then eitherA. your internet connection was too slow and stalled out before the image was sent or displayed, orB. you have the displaying of images disabled in your web browser program... if that web browser is Internet Explorer, try waiting for a minute (60 seconds that is) in case the connection is simply slow, then right-click on the empty space in the blank square, and choose Show Picture.If waiting 1 minute before doing so makes the entry of the numbers/letters invalid, try it again and don't wait, just right-click on the blank square and choose Show Picture.