Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

I have an Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF201 Prime, which I

Customer Question

I have an Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF201 Prime, which I bought in the USA in 2013. It works well, but I have a problem when I use In Ear phones if my wife is watching TV. One I have 3 very good in ear phones like Sony Etc. One minute no soun with the unit. I would, then left audio, the crackling, then righr ear audio.Sounds as if the problem is inside the unit. 2nd problem is the battery runs down very quickly, Maybe a nrew battery.Will be in Florida in January 2016, I thought about bring the Tablet with me. I have searched very carefully for a Serial No, but there is none on the unit, & I bought it in Iowa from a close friend & am very pleased with it.I would appreciate your advise. Thank you, ***** ***** XXXXXXXXX,MB,MD(Retired medical Dr from the GMC)
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The problem is most likely to be a problem with the soldered connections of the earphone jack in the tablet. Especially likely, if moving the earphone plug in the ***** *****ges the problem, and if all three earphones have the exact same problem (proving it is not in the earphones.) That will require disassembly and re-soldering of the connectors of the earphone jack in the tablet, and likely replacement of the earphone jack too. So repair-servicing of the Asus tablet must be done to fix this problem. Therefore, the next question is: are you willing to pay for that repair-servicing? the warranty has doubtless expired (since the standard warranty term is one year from purchase date.)If so, I will instruct you further as to who to contact and what to do. Thanks.